🍅 Pull out the tomatoes, quickly bake them in the oven and sooner than you know it, you'll have the most delicious tomato soup you've ever made! Served with grilled Västerbotten- cheese sandwiches to make your mouth and stomach extra happy. In this recipe, we used different types of tomatoes (red and yellow cherry tomatoes, plum- and tartufo-tomatoes). You can choose which ones you want to use. Orange wine is also used (you can choose whichever), lastly we used oil to roast the tomatoes in.
- 500 g tomato
- 1 x shallots
- 5 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 dl water
- 1 x vegetable bouillon
- 1 x sour dough bread
- 1 x butter
- 1 x cheese
- Cut the tomatoes and shallots into big pieces and then peel the garlic cloves and place everything on a baking tray.
- Pour in a little oil, balsamic vinegar, thyme and salt over the tomatoes and mix so the tomatoes are covered. Place the tray in the oven at 200º C for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove the tray with the baked tomatoes from the oven. Then put the tomatoes in a pot and blend them to a puree with a stick blender.
- Add water and vegetable broth (you can also use vegetable stock) and add a splash of wine. In this recipe I used a splash of orange.
- Let the soup simmer on medium low heat for 15 minutes.
- Cut 4 slices of the bread and spread with butter. Place grated cheese on top of two of the slices and place the other on top with the butter sides out.
- Fry the bread in a pan until it is golden on both sides and the cheese has melted. Serve the soup in a bowl and have the cheese sandwich on the side. Enjoy!