- 125 g short grain rice
- 2 dl water
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 x mango
- 1/4 x cucumber
- 80 g salmon of sashimi quality
- 2 x nori
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Add rice in a saucepan. Rinse the rice so that the water is transparent. Cover the rice with cold water and let it stand for 20 minutes.
- Rinse the rice one more time and add water. Bring to the boil and lower the heat. Let the rice simmer under the lid for 10 minutes until the water is absorbed. Transfer the rice to a bowl to cool off.
- Mix rice vinegar and sugar. Ad to the rice and stir well.
- Cut mango, cucumber and Salma salmon into strips.
- Use a sushi roll mat. Cover it with plastic wrap and place it on a cutting board. Present the ingredients so you have everything ready.
- Place the nori paper on the rolling mat. Use a spoon covered in cold water to spread the sushi rice over the nori paper. Add the other ingredients and roll the maki. Let it rest a bit before cutting it into 8 pieces.
- To make sushi balls you take a piece of plastic foil and place it in your hand. Then place a square of salmon to it, and add a spoonful of sushi rice. Then tuck it as a ball and twirl the plastic foil so it tighten the rice and salmon together. Let it sit for a minute or so before making an other.
- Serve with soy sauce, pickled ginger and wasabi.