- 50 g butter
- 3 1/2 dl milk
- 500 g plain white flour
- 1/2 g saffron
- 50 g sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 pack dry yeast
- 1/2 dl raisins
- In this recipe we use saffron, but you can of course use turmeric instead.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, then remove it from the heat and pour in the milk.
- Combine the flour, saffron, sugar, dry yeast and salt in a bowl.
- Add the butter and milk mixture (make sure it is colder than your body temperature by dripping some on your wrist - if too hot, allow it to cool down some more). Knead the dough for about 10-15 minutes.
- Shape the dough into a large sausage, and divide into approximately equal parts. Shape each part into an S-shape, and top with raisins as shown on the picture.
- Place the saffron buns on a baking tray lined with parchment paper, and let them rise under a kitchen towel for about 1.5-2 hours or until they've doubled in size.
- Bake the buns in the centre of the oven at 200 degrees celcius for 15-20 minutes. Cool on a cooling rack afterward.