- 1 1/4 dl kefir
- 1 handful fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 x banana
- 1 x eggs
- 1 tbsp oat milk
- 1 dl wholemeal spelt flour
- 3/4 dl oat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- To a small food processor or blender, add the kefir, spinach and banana. Blend until completely smooth. Add the eggs and mix again.
- Transfer to a baking bowl, and add the dry ingredients. Whisk until smooth and lump-free. Add the sweetener and a splash of oat milk if needed. Let the batter rest for at least 10 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Once the pan is hot, add some butter and a few tablespoons of batter. Use a spoon to spread out the batter. Cook until bubbly and set around the edges - this may require more time than with regular pancakes. Flip and cook until golden on both sides.
- Repeat with the rest of the batter, or, if you prefer hot pancakes, cook the remaining batter tomorrow.
- Serve with plain strawberry or raspberry jam; almond butter, coconut yogurt and fresh berries or homemade chocolate hazelnut spread and fresh banana slices. If you're not into the whole sweet thing, skip the sweetener while making the batter and serve with hummus, avocado slices and kimchi on top. You may of course also serve them plain with maple syrup for a classic version.