- 4 dl plain white flour
- 1/4 pack dry yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 dl lukewarm water
- 1 clove garlic
- 3/4 x yellow onion
- 1/2 x red chili
- 400 g diced tomatoes
- 1/4 dl olive oil
- 150 g white beans
- 25 g spinach
- Start by making the focaccia. Mix together flour, dry yeast, half salt and lukewarm water in a bowl, and leave the dough to rise for about 45 minutes. The dough should be quite runny.
- Mince the garlic, onion and chili and add to a frying pan with a little olive oil. Cook on medium heat until the onion looks translucent.
- Add diced tomatoes and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Grease a baking sheet with a little olive oil and add the focaccia dough. Use your fingers to form holes in the dough, and drizzle with olive oil and the remaining salt.
- Bake the focaccia in the centre of the oven at 225 degrees celcius for approximately 20 minutes.
- Finally add white beans and spinach to the tomato sauce and cook for another five minutes. Season with salt at the end.
- Serve the Spanish beans with steaming hot focaccia.
- Note: if you're following the weekly menu, set aside half of the focaccia for later this week.