- 100 g dried soy
- 1 x yellow onion
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 x chili
- 6 tbsp sun flower oil
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp seven spices
- 1/2 tsp red pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 100 g lukewarm water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 500 g spagetti
- 1 x potato
- Add the soy mince to a bowl. Pour boiling water over and let stand to infuse for 10-15 minutes. Strain and squeeze the water through a colander.
- Chop onion, garlic and chili.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the onion until soft. Add the garlic and sauté for a few seconds. Add the soy stuffing and fry on medium heat until it turns a nut brown color. Then add the chilli and all the spices. Mix well and cook on a low heat for approx. 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste to the pot and stir well. Cover with a lid and let it simmer on a low heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the water, season with salt and stir. Place the lid back on, and let it simmer for approx. 5 minutes on a low heat.
- Cook the spaghetti according to the instructions on the package.
- Peel slice the potato.
- To a pot add 2 tablespoons of oil. Place the potato slices on the bottom of the pot.
- Mix ready-cooked spaghetti with the soy stuffing mixture and pour it over the potato slices.
- Put the lid on and cook on a low heat for 20 minutes.
- If you want, you can place a plate over the dish and tilt the pot upside down, or you can spread the spaghetti on a serving plate and place crispy potato slices on top.
- Served with optional salad/side dish. Enjoy!