Sourdough pizza is one of the best things in the sourdough world and really one of the main reasons to learn how to bake with sourdough. Here comes a very simple recipe. I make it in a baking machine as it requires a lot of kneading to make it as elastic as possible.
- 1 kg plain white flour
- 600 g water
- 200 g sourdough starter
- 20 g olive oil
- 20 g salt
- Mix all the ingredients with a baking machine. Let the dough knead in the machine for 10-12 minutes until the dough is elastic.
- Place a kitchen towel over it so that the dough does not dry out and let it rise for 2-3 hours.
- Transfer the dough to a baking table and divide it into smaller portions of 250-300 g, depending on how large a pizza you want.
- Roll the dough into balls and place them in a closed container with a little olive oil at the bottom.
- Leave the doughs to rise in the fridge for 12-72 hours, depending on how much time you have. I usually let them rise for a maximum of 24 hours.
- Take the dough out approximately 30 minutes before it is to be baked and form into pizza bases.
- Top with desired pizza sauce and topping. Bake in a pizza oven or on baking steel at as strong a heat as possible.