Sourdough Buns with Spelled and Spring Wheatby Skillebekk Surdeig
- 420 g water
- 120 g sourdough starter
- 150 g spring wheat
- 350 g plain white flour
- 150 g spelt flour
- 12 g salt
- Knead everything except salt in a food processor for 8 minutes.
- Place the dough in a baking dish and let the dough rest for 30 minutes.
- Mix in the salt. Let the dough rest for 1 hour before folding it over itself once.
- Wait another hour and repeat folding again. Refrigerate the whole dough overnight or for 8 hours.
- The next day, the rolls are fried. Set the oven to 240 degrees with the baking steel in the middle of the oven and heat up for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, take the dough out of the fridge and divide it into pieces of approximately 100-130 grams. Place the buns on a baking paper, sprinkle a little flour over each roll and cut a pattern with a razor blade.
- Place the rolls with the baking paper underneath on the baking tray. Let them roast for 20 minutes with steam in the ovens and 15 minutes without steam.