This pasta with meatballs and rich tomato sauce is scrumptious and, more important, easy to make! Make sure to make enough - this disappears quickly! We used a gluten-free, coarse pasta, but you can of course use a different type of pasta if you wish. Remember to cook the pasta in plenty of lightly salted water, and stir well at regular intervals so that it does not stick together.
- 1 pack pasta sedani rigati
- 500 g minced meat
- 1 x eggs
- 3 tbsp gluten-free bread
- 7 tbsp olive oil
- 1 x yellow onion
- 3 clove garlic
- 3 tbsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 5 tbsp gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 can canned tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp oregano
- 6 tbsp parmesan
- 1 pinch fresh basil
- Make the tomato sauce by pureeing canned chopped tomatoes, 1 clove of garlic, 1/2 tsp of sugar, 1 tbsp of white wine vinegar, 1 tsp of (preferably fresh) oregano and 4-5 tbsp of good olive oil. Season with a little salt and pepper
- Bring the sauce to a boil over low heat and let simmer for about 15 minutes.
- While the sauce simmers, start making the meatballs. First soak the bread.
- Mix together all the remaining ingredients (except sedani rigati, parmesan, fresh basil and gluten-free flour) in a baking bowl and roll out small balls.
- Place the rolled out balls on a plate covered with flour, and cover them in the flour.
- Heat 2 tbsps olive oil in a frying pan and fry the meatballs on a medium to high heat until they get a golden appearance . Place them on a plate covered with baking paper so that the excess oil drains off.
- When the tomato sauce has simmered for 15 minutes, turn the meatballs over and let them cook in the sauce on low heat for 10-12 minutes.
- Cook the pasta as directed on the package. Drain the water and place pasta and meatballs in a form. Sprinkle with parmesan and fresh basil before serving.