- 1 1/2 dl oats
- 30 g cheese
- 2 x eggs
- 1 1/2 dl milk
- 1 tbsp pizza seasoning
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Grind the oats in a blender until they reach a floury texture.
- Grate the cheese. Feel free to use any kind of grateable cheese. This recipe is a great way to finish those not-so-good-looking pieces of cheese lying around in your fridge, so if you have any, go for it!
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl before adding grated cheese, oat flour, baking powder, salt and pizza seasoning. Mix well and dilute with milk until the perfect waffle-batter-consistency is reached . Finally, stir the olive oil into the batter.
- Allow the batter to rest for at least 10 minutes.
- Brush the insides of the waffle iron with butter or olive oil before adding the batter. Then, cook the waffles. Make sure not to open the waffle iron until the waffles are properly cooked, as this will ruin them.
- Serve the waffles with your toppings of choice and fresh greens.