- 100 g sugar
- 100 g butter
- 2 x eggs
- 1/2 tsp almond essence
- 175 g plain white flour
- 80 g almonds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 dl milk
- 300 g raspberries
- 100 g sliced almonds
- In this recipe we wil be using room temperature eggs and butter. Bring the eggs and butter to room temperature by letting the ingredients sit on the counter for a few hours before baking.
- Start by crushing the almonds in a blender or food processor. We want the almonds to be as crushed as possible, almost like flour. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees celsius and prepare a 20 cm cake pan.
- Add butter and sugar to a bowl and mix until the butter is light and airy, approximately 3 min.
- Add eggs and almond essence. Mix until the eggs and almond essence are well incorporated with the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix in all-purpose flour, crushed almonds, salt, vanilla sugar and baking powder. Mix until combined.
- Combine 2/3 of the raspberries with some flour and fold in to the batter.
- Pour the batter in to the cake pan. Sprinkle almond flakes and the rest of the raspberries.
- Bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes or until a cake needle comes out clean. If the cake is browning too quickly, cover it with foil. Let cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Top the cake with a drizzle of powdered sugar and serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.