- 200 g dried chickpeas
- 6 dl water
- 1/2 tsp seven spices
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 pinch chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 tbsp sun flower oil
- 1 x yellow onion
- 1 x spring onion
- 1 handful chives
- First, the chickpeas must be soaked in plenty of cold water for at least 8 hours or overnight. Then pour off the water and rinse the chickpeas in cold water.
- Add the chickpeas to a saucepan and add water, seven spices, pepper, turmeric, chilli flakes and salt. Stir and cover.
- Let the chickpeas simmer on low heat until the chickpeas are fully cooked, approx. 45 minutes. Leave a little liquid left at the bottom of the pot, approx. 4-5 tbsp. Let it cool down a bit.
- Process cooked chickpeas in a food processor until you get a silky smooth mash.
- Mince the onion. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the onion until golden brown and soft. Add mashed chickpeas and cook for approx. 10 minutes on low heat.
- Chop the spring onions and chives, and serve with the desired side dishes. I served mine with home-baked soft rolls and chopped spring onions and chives just like in my home country. But you can choose how you want to eat/serve it.