- 200 g pumpkin
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 x iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 x carrots
- 50 g blue cheese
- 1 dl crème fraîche
- 1/2 x apple
- 10 x walnuts
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp butter
- Cut the pumpkin into chunks, drizzle with some oil and salt. Bake on the middle rack in the oven at 200 degrees celcius for 20 minutes.
- Cut a "slice" of the iceberg lettuce and place on a plate (as pictured).
- Grate or julienne the carrot and sprinkle on top of the lettuce. Thinly slice the apple, then cut the slices in two before sprinkling over the carrot.
- Mix together blue cheese and creme fraiche. Season with salt and pepper.
- Next, you caramelise the walnuts. Melt sugar in a frying pan over medium heat, then add the walnuts. Flip the walnuts and add butter immediately. Keep turning the nuts around until they're properly toasted and caramelised. until the nuts are completely caramelized. This should only take a few minutes, as they burn easily.
- Top the whole thing with blue cheese dressing and caramelised walnuts.