Pink Pancakes are a feast for the eyes and this is a winner among the kids at our house. Overheard at the dinner table: - Mum, these are the best pancakes there is! Cottage cheese as filling and the orange gives a delicious fresh taste. Top with maple syrup or sugar! 1 serving makes about 3 pancakes.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 x eggs
- 1/2 pinch salt
- 1 tsp beetroot powder
- 2 dl plain white flour
- 2 1/2 dl milk
- 100 g cottage cheese
- 1 x orange
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Melt butter in a saucepan on low heat and let it cool.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl. If some of the shell jump into the bowl you can fish it out with a bigger part of the eggshell.
- Stir in salt, magenta food powder (beetroot) and half of the flour to the egg mixture. Whisk hard to make a lump-free batter.
- Combine the milk, the butter and the rest of the flour little by little, till you are left with a lump-free pancake batter.
- Leave the batter for 10 minutes before frying.
- Fry the pancakes in a frying pan on medium heat with butter. Serve with cottage cheese, sliced oranges and maple syrup or sugar.