My absolute favorite Thai curry, which is round in flavor with a wonderfully well-balanced sweetness. Tasty Thai curries are often on our menu during the week. The aromatic flavors and the delicious sauce, which go perfectly with rice, are always a sure winner when you don't feel like standing in the kitchen for long. This is made in a maximum of 20 minutes and is easy to vary with what you have in the fridge of proteins and vegetables.
- 4 dl rice
- 500 g pork chops
- 2 tbsp neutral oil
- 4 tbsp panang curry paste
- 4 dl coconut milk
- 1 dl water
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 25 g sugar
- 1 x red pepper
- 1 x yellow onion
- 1 handful thai basil
- Prepare the rice as instructed on the package.
- Use boneless neck chops and cut into thin slices.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add 3 tablespoons of curry and fry for approx. 1 minute.
- Add half of the coconut milk together with water. Mix well until the mixture begins to simmer.
- Add the meat together with fish sauce and sugar. Feel free to taste with 1 tablespoon of fish sauce first. Let it boil for 3-4 minutes until the meat is cooked through.
- Add vegetables and the remaining coconut milk. Let it boil for approx. 4-5 more minutes. Finally add in the Thai basil. This gives you a sweet and wonderful aroma for the curry. Serve hot with rice.