- 4 x yellow onion
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 x vegetable bouillon
- 5 dl water
- 3 slices bread
- 1/4 pack green pesto
- 1 tsp salt
- 50 g cheese
- Mince the garlic and cut the onion into thin slices.
- Fry the garlic and onion in a saucepan over medium heat together with oil or butter until the onion is brown and caramelised. This takes about 20 minutes.
- Add vegetable bouillon and water and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Spread the pesto onto each slice of bread and cover with cheese. Bake in the oven at 200 degrees for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper, and serve with warm, gooey cheese toast.