- 6 x eggs
- 300 g powdered sugar
- 300 g almonds
- 4 dl heavy cream
- 300 g butter
- 100 g dark chocolate
- This cake takes some time to make, but it's so worth it! You can make the cake som days ahead serving day. Just keep it in the fridge. Spend plenty of time with the meringue and the yellow cream and you will get a great result!
- Separate the plum from the white and beat the white together with half the powdered sugar to a meringue.
- Mince the almond mix it lightly with the meringue. Use a 20 cm cake form if you have set the app for one person. Bake in the oven at 180 degrees celsius for 30 minutes.
- In a saucepan, stir together the rest of the powdered sugar, 3/4 part of the cream (the rest you will use for the ganache cream) og egg yolk. Use medium heat on the plate and stir until the cream thickens.
- It takes some time before the cream thickens, so be patient. Maybe 10 minutes or so. Stir the whole time. When you feel it is more resistant, set it aside and let it cool slightly. Then add the butter in cubes and stir until it is melted into the cream.
- Cool the cake and the yellow cream.
- Now you are going to make ganache. It is the delicious chocolate cream that is in the middle of the cake.
- Add the rest of the heavy cream to a saucepan and carefully heat it. Do not bring it to a boil, as this will damage the chocolate.
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces and add to a bowl. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and stir with a spatula or or spoon until the chocolate has melted and you have a silky-smooth ganache.
- The ganache cream is to the center of the cake. Use the cake form. Divide the cake lengthwise and set the lid aside. Then leave the bottom in the springform pan and pour over the ganache cream. Then place the lid on and set it to cool in the fridge.
- When the cake is cold, you can decorate with the yellow cream. Here it is only your imagination that limits you. My mother eventually became a master of decorating the cake. Incredibly nice every time! <3