Khachapuri - Georgian Bread Stuffed with Cheeseby Spoonavocadosalt
Get to know Khatchapuri - Georgia's most famous national dish that is taking the world by storm. Because who can resist fresh bread filled with cheese? This is a simpler version with a simple recipe that everyone can make!
- 400 g kefir
- 600 g plain white flour
- 1 tsp salt
- NaN/NaN tsp baking powder
- 600 g grated cheese
- NaN/NaN dl cottage cheese
- Mix the ingredients for the dough & work by hand into a smooth dough & let the dough rest for 5 min. In the meantime: grate the cheese and possibly mix it with cottage cheese.
- Divide the dough into the number of servings you are making this dish for. Let the parts rest for 5 minutes. Roll out the parts into circles, fill with cheese, tie the dough over the circle and carefully roll out to a plate size. The cheese should be inside the dough.
- Fry the khachapuri in a dry frying pan until golden on both sides. Serve with butter and a nice cup of tea!