- 1 l milk
- 1 tbsp plain yogurt
- Pour the milk over a saucepan. Place a wooden spoon across the pan so that the milk does not boil over the top. Let the milk simmer for 10 minutes.
- Take the pan off the plate and pour the milk into another pot or bowl. Let it cool down to approx. 40 degrees celsius.
- Dissolve the yoghurt with some of the lukewarm milk and stir it into the milk.
- Add a lid. Then cover it and leave it at room temperature for at least 10 hours. Or overnight.
- Place the yoghurt in the fridge for at least another 10 hours before it can be enjoyed.
- If you want a thick consistency yoghurt as I do, cover the yoghurt with a piece of clean fabric. This will absorb excess water and make it more firm.
- (If you want a slightly looser consistency, you can skip this process). Place the pan over a deep dish so that it does not dip into the refrigerator.
- Make sure there is always some yogurt left so you never have to buy new yogurt in the store. It is important that you use natural yoghurt that is not sweetened or added thickener, such as Lindahl's Greek yoghurt.