- 3 x yellow onion
- 3 x tomato
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 handful parsley
- 1 kg lamb mince
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp seven spices
- 2 tsp ground sumac
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp sun flower oil
- 4 x sivri
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees, top and bottom heat.
- Grate 2/3 of the the onion and 2/3 parts of the tomato in this recipe. Squeeze out as much liquid as you can. Mince the garlic and parsley.
- To a bowl, mix all the ingredients except the oil. Knead until everything is well mixed. Do not knead more than necessary. If you knead it too much the meat will harden.
- Cover the bowl and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Grease a heat proof pan with a table spoon of oil, add the mixture and flatten the meat with your hands.
- Cut kebab pieces into even sizes. Brush with the rest of the oil. Place the baking tray in the middle of the oven and bake for approx. 15 minutes.
- Take it out and cut the kebab pieces again with a knife to get a nice shape for the kebab. Cut the rest of the tomato and onion and place them on top of the kebab pieces together with the sivri paprika.
- Place the baking tray back into the oven and continue cooking until you get a golden color on the kebab. Serve with desired side dishes. I served mine with homemade tawe bread, homemade pickled cucumber, fresh vegetables and herbs.