Grilled Halloumi Sandwich with Hummus and Greensby Fattig.student
- 200 g chickpeas
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch cumin
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 x baguettes
- 100 g halloumi cheese
- 1/4 x red onion
- 1/2 x tomato
- 15 g rocket
- Start with the hummus. Pour away the water from the chickpea can, and rinse the chickpeas under cold water until the water stops bubbleing.
- Add the chickpeas in a food processor together with the garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, cumin and salt. Mix until smooth. Set aside.
- Cut the baguettes in half and soak them with some water. Grill the baguettes on both sides for a couple minutes until golden brown.
- Grill the halloumi on both sides until golden brown. You can also fry the halloumi in a frying pan if you don't have a grill.
- Slice up som red onion and tomatoes.
- Fill the baguettes with hummus, red onion, tomato, rocket and grilled halloumi.
- Note: you have to set aside half of the hummus if you follow the weekly menu. It will be used in another recipe.