- 230 g grape leaf
- 650 g round grain rice
- 2 x shallots
- 2 clove garlic
- 180 g spring onion
- 35 g fresh dill
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 200 g sun flower oil
- 300 g plain yogurt
- 300 g butter beans
- 850 g vegetable broth
- Rinse the grape leaves with water. Add them to a strainer or lay them on a kitchen towel. Rinse the rice.
- Hakk løken, hvitløk, vårløk og dill og bland i risen. Så tilsetter du pepper, salt, halvparten av oljen og yoghurt. Bland sammen alle ingrediensene.
- Place the butter beans to the bottom of the pan. These beans can be skipped or you can use something else. For example sliced potatoes.
- With the shiny side of a grape leaf down on your hand, add a little of the rice mixture, about a tablespoon. Fold in the edges so it looks like a pillow. The leaf should not be folded too tight. The herbs in the rice will initially melt away, but the rice swells. Layer up until done.
- Place a plate over the dolmens for them to not open during cooking. Add the lid and cook with high heat for 3-4 minutes, then lower the heat. Simmer with low heat for about 1.5 hours.
- Halfway through the cooking time, you can remove the plate and place the lid back on and continue cooking.
- Let the dolman rest for 15 minutes before serving. You can either turn the pot upside down on a serving platter, or take them up one by one.
- Enjoy with tzatziki.