Want to impress the Halloween guests with a delicious Chocolate Cake? This spooky creation is a must for the Halloween cake table! Set the number to 8 servings to fit a 20 cm diameter baking pan.
- 50 g butter
- 250 g sugar
- 3 x eggs
- 350 g gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch sea salt flakes
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100 g Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 3 dl sour cream
- 1 1/2 dl water
- 200 g dairy butter
- 150 g powdered sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- null null food coloring
- Melt and cool the butter.
- Whisk the sugar and eggs white to a baking bowl.
- Mix together the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cocoa powder to another bowl. Add the dry ingredients to the white egg mixture together with water, butter and sour cream. Stir well.
- Spread the batter to a round or oblong shape lined with baking sheet. Bake at 180 C for 25-30 min. Cool on a rack. Divide the cake in half.
- Glaze: Beat room temperature dairy butter and icing sugar white. Feel free to use a kitchen machine and whisk well for 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and add the desired food coloring. Continue stirring until the color is well mixed with the cream.
- Spread the glaze between the base of the cake and on top of the cake.
- Use your favorite halloween candy as decoration. We used different types of salt, sweet and sour, as well as marshmellows and chocolate chunks. Here, it's only your imagination that puts a stop to what you can decorate this delicious cake with.