Gluten-Free Gingerbread with Blue Cheese and Caramelized Walnutsby Pia Haugseth
- 6 x gluten-free gingerbread
- 25 g blue cheese
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp butter
- 6 x walnuts
- Note: you may of course use regular gingerbread if you tolerate gluten!
- Place the gingerbread on a plate.
- Slice the blue cheese into six slices and place one on each piece of gingerbread.
- Next, caramelise the walnuts. Melt the sugar in a frying pan and add the walnuts. Stir well and add the butter immediately. Keep stirring until the nuts are caramelised. Make sure not to have the heat on too high and watch the nuts carefully as they can esasily burn.
- Once caramelised, allow the nuts to cool a little before placing them on top of the cheese. Enjoy!