Fresh Summer Salad with Salma Salmon, Baked Beets, Roasted Walnuts, Feta Cheese and Sour Honeyby Simen Vatne
- 1 1/2 x beetroot
- 3/4 tbsp sesame oil
- 3/4 tsp honey
- 1/4 x lemon
- 1/4 x lime
- 1/4 dl walnuts
- 20 g baby leaf salad
- 25 g feta cheese
- 100 g salmon of sashimi quality
- The salmon in this recipe is eaten raw. It is very important to buy salmon that is high quality and able to be eaten raw.
- Heat up the oven to 180 degrees celcius. Wash the beets well and cut the top and the bottom off.
- Rub the beets in some oil and cover them with aluminium foil. Bake in the middle of the oven for about 40 minutes or until they are fully cooked through. Cut the beets in 10-12 bites before serving.
- Mix together sesame oil, honey, lemon juice and lime juice. You can also add some of the lemon and lime zest if you'd like. Adjust sweetness/sourness by adding more honey or lemon.
- Roast the walnuts in a dry frying pan for around 2-3 minutes. Add the baby leaf salad to a bowl, and top with feta cheese, the beets and the nuts. Serve with thinly sliced salmon and pour over the dressing.