Dreamy Lemon & Coconut Cake with Blueberries & White Chocolateby Spoonavocadosalt
Fresh and juicy lemon cake to offer when someone has a birthday, to celebrate something or just invite friends!
- 1 x lemon
- 3 x eggs
- 2 dl sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 100 g butter
- 1 dl milk
- 3/4 dl coconut
- 3 dl plain white flour
- 5 dl heavy cream
- 1 1/2 dl vanilla sauce
- 200 g white chocolate
- 3 dl blueberries
- Set the oven to 180 degrees.
- Finely grate the lemonzest. Whisk eggs and sugar until fluffy in a bowl. Add baking powder, vanilla sugar, salt, butter and milk. Stir well.
- Add lemon juice and zest, coconut and wheat flour. Mix everything together quickly to a smooth mixture. If you whip for too long, the gluten threads will be too strong and the sponge cake will be tough.
- Pour the batter into a form with baking sheet.
- Bake the cake in the middle of the oven for 20-30 min. The oven heat can vary in different ovens and therefore the baking time. Check with a test stick if the cake is ready.
- Let the cake cool. Whip the cream together with a pinch of vanilla sugar. Divide the cake. Assemble the cake with a layer of custard and top the cake with cream. Grate white chocolate into flakes with a cheese grater and decorate the cake in a circle with chocolate flakes.
- Top with blueberries (frozen or fresh, but not American blueberries!), a little lemon balm if you have it and voila - ready to serve!