- 100 g spagetti
- 3 clove garlic
- 1 x yellow onion
- 1 x red pepper
- 3 x tomato
- 2 tsp sriracha
- 1 tsp butter
- 300 g chicken mince
- 1 dl cream
- 40 g parmesan
- 1 handful fresh basil
- 1/4 x lemon
- If you are not going to prepare this meal as part of the weekly menu, you only need to use half the ingredients.excluding the spaghetti. Half the chicken sauce you will use for an other dinner in this menu.
- Prepare the spaghetti as directed on the package. Do not rinse out the pasta water. You will use this as an ingredient.
- Mince the garlic and fry in a hot pan with olive oil. Add minced onion and cook until soft.
- Mince the red pepper and tomato, fry this together with the onion. If you wish for a slightly extra spicy taste, you can use sriracha. If you don't have it, you can make the dish without it.
- Let it simmer for a couple of minutes. Set it aside on a plate or in a bowl. Melt the butter and some olive oil in the same frying pan. Fry the chicken mince until cooked through.
- Add the fried vegetables and stir. Then add the cream, shredded Parmesan, minced fresh basil and season with salt and pepper. Add some pasta water to make it perfect!
- If you are making the weekly menu this dish is part of, set aside half of the chicken sauce and half of the spaghetti. You will use this for two different separate dinners during the week.
- Fold the spaghetti and the chicken sauce together and top with parmesan and a small squeeze of lemon. Enjoy this Italian treat of a dish!