Is there one dish we keep coming back to, it's chili cheese fries! You can top this with basically anything. Check the fridge if you have anything lying around that you need to use up. Some lettuce, some tomatoes, carrots, jalapeños or different cheese? A chicken fillet? Finely chopped fresh herbs! Do not be afraid to use it!
- 200 g pommes frites
- 100 g kidney beans in chili sauce
- 100 g cheese
- 50 g pepperoni
- 1/2 x tomato
- 1/4 x yellow onion
- 1 dl sour cream
- 1 handful baby leaf salad
- On a baking tray, cook French fries as directed on the package. When they are almost done, top with beans and grated cheese. Continue baking until the cheese is golden.
- How to make crispy pepperoni: Place the pepperoni slices on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake at 200 degrees for 8–9 minutes or until they start to darken. The whole point is that they should become crispy, so you have to keep an eye on them. This burns easily.
- Cool the pepperoni on some kitchen paper.
- Top chilli fries with crispy pepperoni and chopped onion. Make a quick sour cream dressing with sour cream, salt and pepper. (Add a little sriracha if you like;)) Serve with a green salad.