- 2 slices bread
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 125 g mozzarella
- 1 x beef tomato
- 1 handful fresh basil
- 2 tbsp balsamic syrup
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Drizzle the bread slices with olive oil - on both sides. Fry the bread slices until golden, flip and fry on the other side until golden.
- Remove the frying pan from the heat. Rub one side of the bread slices with garlic.
- Slice the mozzarella and top each slice of bread with the mozzarella. Heat the bread slices over low heat and covered with a lid until the mozzarella is melted.
- Slice the tomato. Add sliced tomatoes to the sliced bread.
- Finish the toast by topping it with fresh basil, balsamic syrup and if desired, a drizzle of sea salt.