Everybody loves birthday mornings and this little cake is always a winner. You can make the cake the night before and let it rest on the counter under a cloth before you decorate with toppings and light the next morning. With birthday songs and balloons together with this treat, it definitely sets a particularly good wibe for the day.
- 25 g butter
- 1/2 dl sugar
- 1/2 dl brown sugar
- 1 x eggs
- 2 dl plain white flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla sugar
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 dl pumpkin puree
- Melt the butter and let it cool slightly.
- Whisk sugar and egg white.
- To a bowl, mix together wheat flour, baking powder, vanilla sugar, cardamom and cinnamon.
- Sift the dry ingredients into the egg mixture, alternating with melted butter and pumpkin puree. If you don't have pumpkin puree, this can be replaced with an equal amount of grated carrot or apple. Carefully mix in all the ingredients.
- Grease a small cake tin. For one person, I use one that is 10 cm in diameter.
- Bake the cake at 200 degrees celsius for about 25 minutes.
- Allow the cake to cool before adding the topping. For frosting I mix 2 dl of powdered sugar with 25 grams of butter at room temperature for one serving - if I have some left over cream cheese I add this and adjust the amount of butter down so the total is 25 g.
- Feel free to add a little color powder to the frosting cream. I've used purple, but here you can use whatever you like. Top with sprinkles and lights! Happy birthday from team Sulten!