Beetroot Salma Salmon with Toasted Sourdough Bread ans Horseradish Creamby Simen Vatne
- 3/4 x beetroot
- 1/4 x lemon
- 1/4 x orange
- 10 g salt
- 15 g sugar
- 1/2 dl gin
- 150 g salmon of sashimi quality
- 3/4 dl sour cream
- 1/4 tbsp horseradish
- 1/4 x sour dough bread
- Grate the beets and mix in a bowl together with the zest and juice from the lemon and from the orange, salt, sugar and gin.
- Place the salmon on a baking sheet with a plastic wrap, and cover the whole salmon with the beetroot mixture. Wrap the salmon in the plastic wrap and leave it for 48 hours.
- Scrape off the beetroot mixture but do not rinse the salmon. Cut into thin slices before serving.
- Whisk together sour cream and grated horseradish. Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Cut the sourdough bread into thick slices and serve with the horseradish cream and salmon.