- 200 g beetroot
- 1 x red onion
- 1 x red chili
- 1 handful parsley
- 250 g boiled potatoes
- 5 tbsp sun flower oil
- 1 tsp seven spices
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 x eggs
- 1 c panko
- Start by peeling and coarsely grating the beetroot on a grater. Mince the onion, chilli and parsley. Mash the potatoes with a fork.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a frying pan and add the onion. Fry it until it is slightly soft and glossy.
- Add chilli, seven spices and cumin. Fry for a few seconds on medium/low heat.
- Add beetroot and mix well. Place the lid and steam/fry on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Mix the beetroot with potato, parsley and season with salt and pepper. Mix everything well and let it cool completely.
- Whisk eggs in one bowl/plate and put panko in another. Make some reasonably sized burgers from the mixture. Dip the burgers first in the egg, then in the panko. Place them on a plate until all are breaded.
- Heat the rest of the oil in a frying pan. Fry them on medium heat until they are golden brown on both sides. Serve with the desired side dishes.