Banana Chocolate Pecan Muffin with Cream Cheese Frostingby Vanilla diaries by Christine
Adapted recipe from @matpaabordet, which gives approx. 1 serving makes 12 velvety muffins with a surprisingly crunch from the chocolate pieces.
- 225 g gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 150 g brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 110 g butter melted
- 4 x banana
- 2 x eggs
- 1 pinch vanilla powder
- 200 g Chocolate Chips
- 1 handful pecans
- 50 g butter
- 100 g cream cheese
- 150 g powdered sugar
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- Measure and mix dry ingredients.
- Melt butter. Mash bananas. Add eggs, vanilla and melted butter to your bananas.
- Mix dry and wet ingredients with a wooden spoon or spatula until combined. Add chocolate chunks and pecans.
- Divide into 12 muffin liners. Bake for 175-180 C for about 20 minutes, but check your muffins after 15 minutes. A toothpick should come out fairly clean, melted chocolate excepted. Let cool.
- Beat the room temp butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla and cinnamon until light and fluffy, about 5-7 minutes. Pour into piping bag. Wait until the muffins cool slightly before piping the frosting. Buon apetito!